The values and skills learned in our youth programs serve as building blocks for life. Because of the Y, more young people in neighborhoods around the nation are taking a greater interest in learning and making smarter life choices.
Right here in our community business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
Interested in volunteering? Call 304 252 0715 or e-mail us for specific opportunities.
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening our community.
Driving Social Responsibility
The generosity of others is at the core of the Y’s existence as a nonprofit. It is only through the support of our hundreds of thousands of volunteers and public and private donors that we are able to support and give back to the communities we engage.